In the spirit of egalitarianism and celebration and self-promotion and just plain awesomeness, I bring you my personal favorite posts from each AMV contributor as of right now but subject to change based on the whims and vagaries native to the benevolent dictator that I am and in alphabetical order by first name because I can’t be bothered to remember who joined when or maybe it’s so I can have the final word although really when do I not have the final word, and also there’s no reason to read too much in to my selections because see the use of the words whims and vagaries earlier in this sentence so if I were to do the same thing next week it could look totally different, and you never know — maybe I will:
- Admin: Bradly Baird on the artifacts of LDS memory
- Anneke Majors: Minerva Red
- Eric Russell: In Defense of the Critics
- Eric Thompson: Half Faked
- Harlow Clark: Gadianton The Nobler, Reflections on Changes in the Book of Mormon, Introduction to Textual Variants Part IV
- Jonathan Langford:
- Katherine Morris: “Bread of Affliction” and Cultural Self-Consciousness
- Kent Larsen: Why we need Mormon Culture
- Laura Craner: Beware Brother Brigham (a review of the book by D. Michael Martindale)
- Mahonri Stewart: Of Prophets and Artists: A Household of Faith Or A House Divided?
- Patricia Karamesines: The Rhetoric of Stealing God
- S.P. Bailey: The Things We Bring Home
- Theric Jepson: The Hero’s Journey of the Mormon Arts
- Tyler Chadwick: The Tragic Tell of Mormon Morality, Part IV
- William Morris: Damn you Norman Manea!
Feel free to get all nostalgic and hagiographic in the comments. To peruse our archives by date or category, click on the drop down menus over there on the left. Or to see what each contributor has written, click on Contributors and the “posts” link next to his or her name.