The schedule for the 2013 LDS Film Festival has been announced. The festival will be held (as always) at the SCERA Center in Orem, Utah from January 23rd through the 26th.
Here are some of the schedule highlights:
* The Playbook — the opening night feature film is written and directed by Darran Scott about a basketball coach reconnecting with his teenage son. (official site)
* Murder of the Mormon Prophet — a documentary about the death of LDS prophet Joseph Smith, directed by Nick Galieti and based on the 2006 book by LeGrand L. Baker
* 95ers: Echoes — a sci-fi film by Tom Durham about…actually, I have no idea. I’ve read the synopsis three times now and I still can’t tell you. Looks interesting, though. (check the official site here)
* Unresolvable? The Kingdom of God on Earth — a documentary about a devout Mormon’s travels to the Bible Belt for discussions about Christianity. (official site)
* Christmas Oranges / Silent Night – both recent Christmas-themed films are currently available on DVD or streaming video, but will be screened in the theater at the festival for interested viewers.
* Nitro Circus — a “comedy documentary” about Travis Pastrana and his friends who perform amazing (and dangerous) stunts.
In addition, the 12th annual LDS Film Festival features the usual set of short films, the results from the annual 24-hour filmmaking marathon, and a 20-minute “preview” of scenes from director T.C.Christensen’s follow up to 17 Miracles, Ephraim’s Rescue (due for release this summer).
Tickets are available at the door, or at the SCERA Center website.